What are the fundamentals of this discipline we call digital marketing? More importantly, how does one apply them in a way that actually grows one’s business?
If you’re NOT a professional marketer, or if you’re thinking about hiring professionals to help you accelerate your business goals, you’re going to need a little guidance so you don’t waste your time or your money. In short, you need to read the organized content library we’ve got for you below.
This library delivers the critical fundamentals of digital marketing that you actually need to know, without the hassle of spending weeks and months researching and reading both the good and bad out there on the Internet, all on your own.
Enjoy ... and if you've got questions about deploying digital marketing fundamentals to start and/or grow your business, you don't have to go it alone. We’re listening and always ready to help ... just drop us a line, anytime.
Content has long been king. In fact, if you look through a history of advertising, you can find "content marketing" examples in Benjamin Franklin’s Poor Richard’s Almanac (1732) and The Furrow by John Deere (1895). They didn’t need a MacBook to pursue effective content marketing strategies. So, why is content such a big deal today?
- What's the Future of Content Marketing?
- The Most Important Content Marketing Question: Who Are You Trying to Reach?
- Video Marketing – Reels, Live Streams and YouTube, Oh My
- More articles about content marketing are on the way!
The purpose of these articles is to establish that email marketing is important for every marketer and there is a methodology that will be beneficial for every brand. Email marketing is about relationships. Just as you have different types of relationships with your parents, your partners and your kids, and you would not use the same language with each, you need to use the appropriate content and message type for your audience.
- Email Marketing: Start with Hello
- The Power of Email Marketing: Storytelling
- 5 Ways Email Marketing Can Generate Leads
- The Basic Elements of Emails That Sell
- More articles about email marketing are on the way!
In 2019, if Facebook were a country, it would rank 21st globally in terms of GDP (behind Switzerland and before Poland). Impressive for a ‘free’ site. How did they get so big? Simple, humans are social animals. As our lives have become more digital, social media has become a fundamental part of how we interact and a major part of every brand’s marketing.
- How to Use LinkedIn to Organically Market Your Business, Product, or Service
- How to Use Facebook to Organically Market Your Business, Product, or Service
- How to Use Instagram to Market Your Business, Product, or Service
- How to Use Twitter to Organically Market Your Business, Product, or Service
- The Story on Instagram Stories
- The Latest Tweet is a Fleet
- Facebook Marketplace … Guerrilla Selling
- Hashtag Marketing: Join the Conversation
Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is the darkest of the dark arts in digital marketing. Why? Because SEO best practices are constantly changing due to both technology and user expectations. These articles discuss the basics of how search engines rank sites and the evolving practice of SEO.
- The 10 Most Important Technical SEO Recommendations: Part One
- The 10 Most Important Technical SEO Recommendations: Part Two
- The 10 Most Important Technical SEO Recommendations: Part Three
- Local SEO: How to Grow Your Business by Going “Small”
- 5 SEO Principles You Need to Know in 2021
- Voice Search Marketing... Hello Dave
- Getting Your Videos Seen … Lights, Camera, SEO (YouTube SEO)
Increase traffic and convert every visitor; your site will be a success! Duh. Though these concepts are easy to understand, accomplishing these two goals are challenging and often elude even the most accomplished digital marketer.
- How to Create a Simple Marketing Funnel That Works
- You Only Need to Focus on 3 Things: The Offer, The Offer, and The Offer
- Your About Page: The Most Important Landing Page You'll Ever Write
- The Ultimate Call To Action 6-Pack
- 3 Steps to Converting Visitors into Buyers
- How to Tell a Story that People Want to Hear
We would argue that anyone studying media planning should skip the traditional media and spend 100% of their time on digital. And yet, there are still a lot of “marketers” and clients that look at digital advertising as a dark art. These articles shed light on the basics of digital advertising so marketers can develop strategies that best address their client’s challenges.
- LinkedIn Advertising: The Ultimate B2B Audience Builder
- Banner Advertising: Bringing the 19th Century into the 21st
- Search Advertising: How to Be Where Your Audience is Searching
- Sponsorships: Be Somebody, Sell Something
According to the US Department of Commerce, 11.8 percent of retail sales in Q1 2020 occurred online. Surprised by that number? Is it higher or lower than what you expected? Regardless, one thing we can all agree on is that consumers, the world over, are conducting more commerce online. Every business needs to understand how the “Internet” impacts their sales.
- mCommerce: The Inevitable (and Powerful) Evolution of Online Commerce
- eCommerce: Let's Get Physical
- dCommerce: The Most Scalable Business Model on Earth
- sCommerce: The Art of Selling on the World's Most Powerful Platforms
Ben Franklin is credited with one of the great digital marketing axioms, “If you fail to plan, you are planning to fail!” Digital marketing is hard work and planning is critical. Like all marketing, it requires discipline, sacrifice (you can’t be everything to everyone), and a commitment to a plan. Without a plan, even the most innovative tactics and clever creative won’t yield the business results you expect.
- The “Secret” of Successful Digital Marketing: Consistency
- More articles about digital marketing strategy are on the way!
Got questions about deploying digital marketing fundamentals to start and/or grow your business? You don't have to go it alone, we’re listening and always ready to help ... just drop us a line, anytime.