Digital marketing is complex. We make it simple.
If you’re NOT a professional marketer, or if you’re thinking about hiring professionals to help you accelerate your business goals, you’re going to need a little guidance so you don’t waste your time and money. This Digital Marketing for Everyone Else content library can help.
This library delivers the critical fundamentals of digital marketing that you actually need to know, and it’s written to be accessible to everyone, not just content marketers. You can read each article as we post it here — and you can receive it every week in your inbox absolutely free when you sign up for the Rainmaker Dispatch. Not only that, you’ll receive our monthly roundup of all the best curated links from around the industry
And if you want to catch up on previous roundups, you can find all of our previous Rainmaker Dispatch articles here.
Enjoy ... and if you've got questions about growing your business with digital marketing, you don't have to go it alone. We’re here to help.
Content has been king long before the Internet. In fact, if you look through the history of advertising, you can find "content marketing" examples in Benjamin Franklin’s Poor Richard’s Almanac (1732) and The Furrow by John Deere (1895). Learn why it’s been consistently successful — and why it’s more critical than ever in today’s always-online world.
- What's the Future of Content Marketing?
- The Most Important Content Marketing Question: Who Are You Trying to Reach?
- Video Marketing – Reels, Live Streams and YouTube, Oh My
- Evergreen Content, the Cornerstone to Optimization
- Do Blogs Matter in 2021?
- "Who" Comes First: Why Finding Your Audience Matters
- The Power of Owning Your Digital Presence
- Sharpen Your Hook: Craft a Killer CTA
- Business Podcasts: This Content Marketing Goes to 11
- Go from One-Man Band to Supergroup with Podcast Guests
- Turn an Album into an Audience with Podcast Curation
- Step into the Spotlight as a Podcast Guest
- Craft the Perfect Headline
- How Do You Do, Fellow Kids?
- Content Marketing Lessons from the World’s Biggest Carmaker
- Will You Still Be Around in 10 Years?
- Cows and Cowboys: How Great Ideas Win
- Jiro and the Iceberg Rule of Creativity
- (Type)setting Your Copy for Success
- The Power of Perspective
- Why Your Customers Don't Care
- SMS Makes Marketing Personal
- Get Invited In
- Make Yourself Memorable
- Your About Page Essentials
- Content Success Starts with Consistency
- Should Mobile Come First?
- Sustain Success with Sticky Content
- AI Content Google Won't Hate
- How Plumbers and Presidents Build Trust
- More articles about content marketing are on the way!
Email marketing is still one of the most critical channels in marketing for almost every brand. Why? It lets you build personal relationships at scale. Learn how to create emails your customers will want to engage with.
- Email Marketing: Start with Hello
- The Power of Email Marketing: Storytelling
- 5 Ways Email Marketing Can Generate Leads
- The Basic Elements of Emails That Sell
- 5 Critical Mistakes in Cold Email
- Email's Demise Has Been Greatly Exaggerated
- The Spam Filter You Can't Ignore
- Recapture Your Readers
- The FOUR Effective Email Stories
- Structure an Email Story that Sells
- The Autoresponder: Email that Stays Evergreen
- Permission: The Key to Attention
- Want More Opens? Strengthen Your Subject Line
- "Hi" Now, Sell Later
- More articles about email marketing are on the way!
Almost 3 billion people use Facebook at least once a month. That’s more than the populations of North America, South America, Europe and Africa — combined. Marketers go where the eyeballs are, and that’s social media. Understand how you can be successful through social media marketing.
- How to Use LinkedIn to Organically Market Your Business, Product, or Service
- How to Use Facebook to Organically Market Your Business, Product, or Service
- How to Use Instagram to Market Your Business, Product, or Service
- How to Use Twitter to Organically Market Your Business, Product, or Service
- The Story on Instagram Stories
- The Latest Tweet is a Fleet
- Facebook Marketplace … Guerrilla Selling
- Hashtag Marketing: Join the Conversation
- Building Trust with Influencer Marketing
- Get Used to Knowing Less About Your Customers
- Social Audio: Streaming's New Frontier
- The Right Social Media Platform for You
- Business Basics for Instagram Stories Success
- Social Proof: The Power of UGC
- LinkedIn: The Capital of Poll-Land
- Time for Some Twitter #RealTalk
- You Are What You Tweet
- Keep an Eye on the Horizon
- The 2022 Social Media Brief
- Do You Really Need Facebook?
- Facebook Just Hid Your Friends (Here's Why)
- The Long and Short of Content Curation
If Google doesn’t know who you are, chances are nobody else does either. Search engine optimization is a critical part of your business success — and one of the least understood outside of the industry. Stay aware of how search engines rank sites and how to make yours more visible.
- The 10 Most Important Technical SEO Recommendations: Part One
- The 10 Most Important Technical SEO Recommendations: Part Two
- The 10 Most Important Technical SEO Recommendations: Part Three
- Local SEO: How to Grow Your Business by Going “Small”
- 5 SEO Principles You Need to Know in 2021
- Voice Search Marketing... Hello Dave
- Getting Your Videos Seen … Lights, Camera, SEO (YouTube SEO)
- Google Image Search: The SEO Secret You're Missing
- The Key to Local Visibility: Google My Business
- Details that Drive YouTube SEO
- SEO Never Mattered
- Search and Deploy: SEO is More than Organic
- Technical SEO: Help Google Grow Your Content
- Don't Wait on Your GA4 Update
- BERT Lets Google Speak Your Language
It doesn’t matter how many people are listening to your message if they don’t do anything with it. That’s the concept behind conversion. Find out how you can take your audience from passive to active.
- How to Create a Simple Marketing Funnel That Works
- You Only Need to Focus on 3 Things: The Offer, The Offer, and The Offer
- Your About Page: The Most Important Landing Page You'll Ever Write
- The Ultimate Call To Action 6-Pack
- 3 Steps to Converting Visitors into Buyers
- How to Tell a Story that People Want to Hear
- The MVP Mindset: Does It Work?
- The Offer They Won't Refuse
- The ABCs of Landing Pages
- Fundamentals of Funnels
- The Most Loyal Customer is a Member
- Your Funnel Doesn't End With a Sale
- Audience Attention Starts with Space
Advertising still boosts your visibility. Organic search and social media matter, but advertising can add a dimension your content marketing strategy is missing and help you reach new audiences. Let us show you how to add this vital tool to your business toolkit.
- LinkedIn Advertising: The Ultimate B2B Audience Builder
- Banner Advertising: Bringing the 19th Century into the 21st
- Search Advertising: How to Be Where Your Audience is Searching
- Sponsorships: Be Somebody, Sell Something
- How a QR Code Won the Big Game
eCommerce is just commerce now. The world is shopping online — and you need a good storefront to compete. Find out how you can engage your shoppers and keep them coming back to purchase again and again.
- mCommerce: The Inevitable (and Powerful) Evolution of Online Commerce
- eCommerce: Let's Get Physical
- dCommerce: The Most Scalable Business Model on Earth
- sCommerce: The Art of Selling on the World's Most Powerful Platforms
- The New Amazon Marketplace
- The Hard Truths of (Amazon) Affiliate Marketing
- Find the Right Affiliate Marketing Program for You
- There's No More E in eCommerce
- Build a Better Product Page
It doesn’t matter how good you are at social media, digital advertising or SEO. If you don’t have a cohesive strategy, you won’t see the results you should. Learn how you can build your content marketing for long-term success.
- The “Secret” of Successful Digital Marketing: Consistency
- Be a Black Swan Success
- The Foundation of Persuasion
- Choose Your Cornerstone
- Your Audience Starts with You
- Create Great
- Measure Your Marketing
- Control Your Content, Control Your Destiny
- More articles about digital marketing strategy are on the way!
Got questions about deploying digital marketing fundamentals to start and/or grow your business? You don't have to go it alone, we’re listening and always ready to help ... just drop us a line, anytime.