Welcome to October!
I’m taking a break from our ongoing video series this month to let you know that we’ve released another update for Rainmaker Platform Andromeda.
We’re excited to announce version 3.1. We’ve focused on everything from brand new functionality to upgrades for RainMail and MemberPress, to a group of essential bug fixes.
But before we get into those updates, I’d like to remind you of a few great resources we’ve put together for you …
The Rainmaker Platform Video Series
If you haven’t been able to watch all of the videos in our series yet, I’ve put together a handy single page for them to live on. If you’ve got questions about certain aspects of Rainmaker or you’re simply interested in checking out a new functionality that might grow your business, you can always find every video in our series right here.
What’s New in Rainmaker Platform Andromeda?
Many of you have been asking for a single page that lays out everything that’s new in Andromeda. So, of course, I wrote it! I think it’s well worth a look in order to catch a quick glimpse of what your Platform can do for you. It may even inspire some of you to branch out into completely new lines of business using Rainmaker! Click here to check it out right now.
Rainmaker Platform Andromeda Version 3.1 Release Notes
Below you’ll find the release notes for RMPa 3.1 … all of these great updates are currently live on all Andromeda sites!
NOTE: If you are still using the legacy version of Rainmaker Platform, you won’t see or be able to take advantage of these updates. But we’re ready to migrate you over to Andromeda right now, free of charge! If you’re ready to do that, it’s super easy and we’ll take care of all of the heavy lifting, all you need to do is head over to this page and follow the simple instructions there. Not sure whether or not you’re on Andromeda? There’s a quick way to find out … once logged in, if your left hand menu is black you’re running legacy Rainmaker Platform and if it’s gray, you’re on Andromeda. If you’re still unsure, just drop us a line, anytime and we’ll get you fixed up right away.
OK, let’s take a look at the upgrades currently live on Rainmaker Platform Andromeda, Version 3.1 …
- Active Campaign For MemberPress is available (with MemberPress module enabled). To activate the plugin, go to Settings > Add-Ons > “MemberPress Active Campaign – Lists Version.” Then click the “Plugin Settings” link in the plugin description to add your ActiveCampaign API credentials.
- ActiveCampaign now has Subscription Forms. Just head over to Settings > Features > Add-ons and activate “ActiveCampaign Subscription Forms.”
- MemberPress Developer Tools (with MemberPress module enabled) is available to enable webhooks and use the MemberPress REST API for third-party integrations. To activate go to Settings > Features > Add-Ons and look for “MemberPress Developer Tools.” Once activated go to the Settings Gear Icon > MemberPress Dev Tools.
- WP GoToWebinar has been added to the platform. We previously had another GoToWebinar integration in Rainmaker Labs and it didn’t work very well. We’ve added a new integration that you’ll find in Settings > Features > Add-Ons. Once activated, look for the new tab under the Settings menu to configure the integration.
- Implemented RainMail sub-account backups
- Implemented synchronization process for subscribers between platform and RainMail
- Implemented Subscriber and shortcodes for double opt-in confirmation emails
- Added a “force unsubscribe” link in the double opt-in confirmation email
- Aligned all filtering elements in MemberPress list view to the left
- Improved the responsiveness of the Privacy Settings page
- MemberPress has been upgraded to version 1.8.15
- Removed empty left hand menu from Theme Import confirmation screen
- Post Editor: Fixed the format of the Testimonial button in WYSIWYG mode
- Appearance: Fixed the footer text displaying on public area before saving settings
- Fixed the issue of greeting and name not using the same font size
- Fixed the default footer alignment in RainMail
- Fixed the left margin on the RainMail plain text template
- Added removal of your own list from the “Unsubscribe From” hook
- Fixed the empty excerpt issue with a “read more” link in broadcasts
And, In Case You Missed It …
We already emailed you our Andromeda updates from the 3.0.2 release back in July, but here they are again, in case that email slipped by you!
- Make your site faster by optimizing CSS, JS, Images, Google fonts and more with the Autoptimize plugin. Activate it by going to Settings > Features > Add-Ons > Autoptimize
- If you are not using it, now you can turn off the Yoast SEO module at Settings > Features > Modules. This is for those who purchase the Yoast Premium SEO plugin.
- If you are not using the Forums module, you can now deactivate it at Settings > Features > Modules > Enable bbPress Module.
- Assign Coupons to All Products
- Coupon Links for Migrated Coupons
- Implemented Strong Customer Authentication (SCA) into Stripe payment gateways
- Added Conversion Settings to the Core Module
- Improved styles on Broadcast Email editor buttons
- Implemented font family and font size options on Broadcast Email editor
- Adjusted header image requirements and language in Email Settings
- Made suppression lists updateable
- List pending subscriptions under lists
- Adjusted language on admin notice after creating an A/B Test
- Improved organization on the Broadcast Email sidebar
- Added DNS Verification Message When RainMail is first activated
- Allow searching subscribers by email address, name and ID
- Option to send Excerpt Instead of Full Post to RSS Feeds
- Set default test email
- Enhancements to Broadcast reports
- Allow connecting multiple Twitter accounts
- Updated requests to Bitly API to v3
- Mailchimp: Improve error handling when trying to subscribe an already subscribed user to a Mailchimp list
- Enabled SVG uploads
Admin User Interface
- Display the Site Name on login screen instead of “Visit Site”
- Changed “Testimonial Category” page headline to “Testimonial Categories”
Migration From Legacy Platform
- Added process to re-sync affiliate reports
- Integrated PayPal Standard settings from legacy sites
- Fixed the Site Notice pop-ups not adhering to display rules on cached pages
- Removed the blog post image and post meta when previewing Forms
- Fixed unwanted Podcast episodes showing up in reports
- Fixed Podcast episodes without plays and downloads showing up in reports
- Quiz Results message will now display the quiz URL as a hyperlink instead of raw text
- Prevent duplicate tags in Infusionsoft while renewing subscriptions
- Prevent duplicate AWeber subscriptions to lists
- Avoid reaching Sendgrid Segments with “Resend to unopens” in RainMail
- Avoid deleting RainMail lists assigned to Broadcast Emails with “draft” status
- Fixed RainMail Email Broadcast “Send” button text reverting to “Publish” when saving a draft
- Fixed empty left menu when viewing RaiMail A/B Test screen
- Avoid saving gateway modes in preview sites
OK, that’s it for now. As always, if you have ANY questions or concerns about Rainmaker Platform, we’re here for you, you don’t have to go it alone. All you need to do is drop us a line, anytime.
Rainmaker Digital Services