Happy Holidays Rainmakers!
Phew … what a year 2020 has been, right? We hope you’ve not only survived but thrived in these trying times. The only thing I really want to say about the current climate is that you are not alone … if there is anything we can do to help you make it through, please let me know.
In this final note to you this year, I’m excited to announce we’re ending it on a high note, version 3.1.1 of Rainmaker Platform has arrived! Please take a look at the details below (including the notes from the last two releases, in case you missed them).
I also have a very special announcement at the end of this note regarding version 3.2 of Rainmaker Platform’s learning management capabilities … a major upgrade that’s coming imminently.
But before we get into those updates, I’d like to remind you of a few great resources we’ve put together for you …
The Rainmaker Platform Video Series
If you haven’t been able to watch all of the videos in our series yet, I’ve put together a handy single page for them to live on. If you’ve got questions about certain aspects of Rainmaker or you’re simply interested in checking out a new functionality that might grow your business, you can always find every video in our series right here.
What’s New in Rainmaker Platform Andromeda?
Many of you have been asking for a single page that lays out everything that’s new in Andromeda. So, of course, I wrote it! I think it’s well worth a look in order to catch a quick glimpse of what your Platform can do for you. It may even inspire some of you to branch out into completely new lines of business using Rainmaker! Click here to check it out right now.
Rainmaker Platform Andromeda Version 3.1.1 Release Notes
Below you’ll find the release notes for RMPa 3.1.1 … all of these updates are currently live on all Andromeda sites!
NOTE: If you are still using the legacy version of Rainmaker Platform, you won’t see or be able to take advantage of these updates. But we’re ready to migrate you over to Andromeda right now, free of charge! If you’re ready to do that, it’s super easy and we’ll take care of all of the heavy lifting, all you need to do is head over to this page and follow the simple instructions there. Not sure whether or not you’re on Andromeda? There’s a quick way to find out … once logged in, if your left hand menu is black you’re running legacy Rainmaker Platform and if it’s gray, you’re on Andromeda. If you’re still unsure, just drop us a line, anytime and we’ll get you fixed up right away.
OK, let’s take a look at the upgrades currently live on Rainmaker Platform Andromeda, Version 3.1.1 …
- WPML Multilingual CMS Premium (WPML): This great feature makes it incredibly easy to run a multilingual website. All you need to do is choose the languages for your site and then start translating content! WPML comes with over 40 languages and includes extensions for WooCommerce, Yoast SEO, and Beaver Builder. Please contact our support team via your Rainmaker Admin to get your license key and activate WPML on your site.
- WordPress: Rainmaker Platform has been upgraded to WordPress version 5.5.3, which includes the expanded block editor, new blocks, more intuitive interactions, improved accessibility, increased security with a periodic admin email confirmation, new social icons and button block enhancements, page speed enhancements with lazy loading images, XML sitemap for improved search engine findability, and much more!
- Admin Settings: We’ve added links to the settings pages (left-hand menu) for active add-ons.
- RainMail: We’ve improved the relationship between AutoResponders and Lists in all settings screens.
- RainMail: The left margin on plain text templates has been fixed.
- Landing Pages: The fields in opt-in forms are now prevented from being marked as “required.”
- Forums: We’ve fixed an error 404 caused by CSS files pointing to the wrong URL.
- Forms: We’ve fixed extra spacing at the top of the form editor.
- Admin Menu: The toggle menu icon no longer displays on empty submenus.
And, In Case You Missed It …
We already emailed you our Andromeda updates from the 3.0.2 and 3.1 releases earlier this year, but here they are again, in case those emails slipped by you!
3.1 Release Notes
- Active Campaign For MemberPress is available (with MemberPress module enabled). To activate the plugin, go to Settings > Add-Ons > “MemberPress Active Campaign – Lists Version.” Then click the “Plugin Settings” link in the plugin description to add your ActiveCampaign API credentials.
- ActiveCampaign now has Subscription Forms. Just head over to Settings > Features > Add-ons and activate “ActiveCampaign Subscription Forms.”
- MemberPress Developer Tools (with MemberPress module enabled) is available to enable webhooks and use the MemberPress REST API for third-party integrations. To activate go to Settings > Features > Add-Ons and look for “MemberPress Developer Tools.” Once activated go to the Settings Gear Icon > MemberPress Dev Tools.
- WP GoToWebinar has been added to the platform. We previously had another GoToWebinar integration in Rainmaker Labs and it didn’t work very well. We’ve added a new integration that you’ll find in Settings > Features > Add-Ons. Once activated, look for the new tab under the Settings menu to configure the integration.
- Implemented RainMail sub-account backups
- Implemented synchronization process for subscribers between platform and RainMail
- Implemented Subscriber and shortcodes for double opt-in confirmation emails
- Added a “force unsubscribe” link in the double opt-in confirmation email
- Aligned all filtering elements in MemberPress list view to the left
- Improved the responsiveness of the Privacy Settings page
- MemberPress has been upgraded to version 1.8.15
- Removed empty left hand menu from Theme Import confirmation screen
- Post Editor: Fixed the format of the Testimonial button in WYSIWYG mode
- Appearance: Fixed the footer text displaying on public area before saving settings
- Fixed the issue of greeting and name not using the same font size
- Fixed the default footer alignment in RainMail
- Fixed the left margin on the RainMail plain text template
- Added removal of your own list from the “Unsubscribe From” hook
- Fixed the empty excerpt issue with a “read more” link in broadcasts
3.0.2 Release Notes
- Make your site faster by optimizing CSS, JS, Images, Google fonts and more with the Autoptimize plugin. Activate it by going to Settings > Features > Add-Ons > Autoptimize
- If you are not using it, now you can turn off the Yoast SEO module at Settings > Features > Modules. This is for those who purchase the Yoast Premium SEO plugin.
- If you are not using the Forums module, you can now deactivate it at Settings > Features > Modules > Enable bbPress Module.
- Assign Coupons to All Products
- Coupon Links for Migrated Coupons
- Implemented Strong Customer Authentication (SCA) into Stripe payment gateways
- Added Conversion Settings to the Core Module
- Improved styles on Broadcast Email editor buttons
- Implemented font family and font size options on Broadcast Email editor
- Adjusted header image requirements and language in Email Settings
- Made suppression lists updateable
- List pending subscriptions under lists
- Adjusted language on admin notice after creating an A/B Test
- Improved organization on the Broadcast Email sidebar
- Added DNS Verification Message When RainMail is first activated
- Allow searching subscribers by email address, name and ID
- Option to send Excerpt Instead of Full Post to RSS Feeds
- Set default test email
- Enhancements to Broadcast reports
- Allow connecting multiple Twitter accounts
- Updated requests to Bitly API to v3
- Mailchimp: Improve error handling when trying to subscribe an already subscribed user to a Mailchimp list
- Enabled SVG uploads
Admin User Interface
- Display the Site Name on login screen instead of “Visit Site”
- Changed “Testimonial Category” page headline to “Testimonial Categories”
Migration From Legacy Platform
- Added process to re-sync affiliate reports
- Integrated PayPal Standard settings from legacy sites
- Fixed the Site Notice pop-ups not adhering to display rules on cached pages
- Removed the blog post image and post meta when previewing Forms
- Fixed unwanted Podcast episodes showing up in reports
- Fixed Podcast episodes without plays and downloads showing up in reports
- Quiz Results message will now display the quiz URL as a hyperlink instead of raw text
- Prevent duplicate tags in Infusionsoft while renewing subscriptions
- Prevent duplicate AWeber subscriptions to lists
- Avoid reaching Sendgrid Segments with “Resend to unopens” in RainMail
- Avoid deleting RainMail lists assigned to Broadcast Emails with “draft” status
- Fixed RainMail Email Broadcast “Send” button text reverting to “Publish” when saving a draft
- Fixed empty left menu when viewing RaiMail A/B Test screen
- Avoid saving gateway modes in preview sites
One More Thing … LearnDash is Coming to Rainmaker!
We can say it loud and clear, LearnDash is coming in Rainmaker Platform 3.2!
Yes, after an exhaustive period of researching the best Learning Management Systems in the world, we’ve decided to partner with the gold standard in the game … LearnDash. We are — at this moment — in final stages of testing and we expect to release version 3.2 with LearnDash included, next month, January 2021.
With the release of Rainmaker Platform 3.2, your site will include access to the world’s most trusted WordPress Learning Management Software, LearnDash (and don’t worry, your legacy Rainmaker LMS will be there as well). But when you choose LearnDash, you’ll get access to ALL the native features that LearnDash offers, enabling you to run your business at the highest level possible.
We can’t wait to deploy this powerful tool to you in just a few weeks. We hope this will enable you to supercharge and streamline your online courses business, so that you can profit even more in 2021!
OK, that’s it for now. As always, if you have ANY questions or concerns about Rainmaker Platform, we’re here for you, you don’t have to go it alone. All you need to do is drop us a line, anytime.
Rainmaker Digital Services