Before we get into the details of this latest release, rest assured that we are still in FULL development sprint on Rainmaker Platform Andromeda!
You (our Rainmaker Platform customers) will be the first to know when it drops, which means you’ll have the opportunity to have your current site migrated to Rainmaker Platform Andromeda, if you wish.
After we’ve made sure our current customers are taken care of, we’ll begin the process of letting the rest of the world know about RMPa. If you know anyone who might be interested, we would be beyond grateful if you sent them right here for a look.
But, before all that, let’s take a look at the great batch of Rainmaker Platform enhancements, updates, and bug fixes now live in this 2.18.3 release …
- Social Sharing Icons: This plugin has been updated to the latest version and StumbleUpon functionality has been removed since that service is no longer active.
- Mailchimp: We fixed a limitation where Mailchimp only allowed 10 lists to be displayed. Now the Platform will display up to 100 lists.
- Privacy Settings: GDPR consent will now appear on the checkout page for free products.
- GDPR Consent Messages: We’ve added a link to reset the consent messages to the default.
- Download Manager Stats: The stats for audio/video downloads did not appear to be correct, which was an issue that had to do with how various browsers stream and record downloads. Some, like Chrome, access a stream multiple times for just one visit and record each one as a download. To fix this, we’ve updated the methodology used to count downloads so that the play event is used to measure a download, leading to more reliable statistics.
- Affiliates: We fixed an inconsistency with the referral rate so that the percentage display is consistent in the Settings > Traffic > Referral Rate screen, as well as the Traffic > Affiliate > Add New > Referral Rate screen.
- PayPal: We’ve fixed two issues here. First, transactions with long product names were failing, so we extended the character limit. Second, special characters in the product name were throwing errors.
- Podcasts: When the “Display Form” short code is added to the podcast player footer field in the podcast settings, the form will now display when the manual placement is selected for the podcast player.
- Coupons: We’ve fixed an issue that appeared when a customer updated payment details for a subscription made with a coupon, and the order applied the coupon a second time.
- RainMail Subscriber Count: There was an issue with the subscriber count being different in the Dashboard widget and on the Subscribers screen, which had several contributing factors. We fixed a bug there and updated the logic. In addition, we added a nightly sync to ensure the list counts are updated daily.
Remember, you can catch up-to-the-minute updates on the official Rainmaker Platform Status page.
And we’re always here for you, ready to help with any issues or questions that may come up. Please don’t hesitate to drop us a line, anytime.
See you at the next Rainmaker Platform update!
Director of Support
Rainmaker Digital Services